The Geo3D initiative covers better use of existing data as well as developing new 3D datasets.
Existing 3D datasets, providing countrywide coverage:
- ALS point cloud
- Digital Elevation Models
- Digital Terrain Model (DTM)
- Digital Surface Model (DSM)
- Building 3D models are created from ALS data and building footprints from ETD. Building models are created using a fully automated process without any manual editing. Currently there are two datasets:
- LOD 1 building models have all flat roofs (positioned at the highest point of building)
- LOD 2 building models contain detailed and realistic representation of roof surfaces
- Transport infrasctructure contains 3D models of bridges and car tunnels. These models are created from ETD data and represent the real world objects as generalised LOD1 models. For bridges only the deck is modelled. Attribute data includes names and IDs of the objects in registries (Estonian Topographic Database and Registry of Place Names).
The data is visible in public 3D web map application prototype. Both the application and the 3D layers are still under development, we thank you for your understanding.